Specific reasons for wanting WLS/VSG:
- My sweet baby doll of a daughter. She’s 6.5 and is the most amazing thing in the world. She means everything to me and everything I do is because of her. And being truly healthy and active is something that I haven’t been able to be in all of my adult life and by god, it’s more than time I’m healthy and active!! I want to live to see her graduate high school, date (ugh), start her own family. I need to be here for her and hers for as long as humanly possible and in a way where I can be an active participant- not just old granny sitting in a wheelchair off in the corner!
- Health. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes two years ago (numbers are controlled thru diet and exercise). At the same time, my doctor put me on a pill for high cholesterol. I’ve had high blood pressure for over 20 years (been on meds to control it all this time too). I just want to experience being truly healthy!
- Age. I’m 44. I’ve been overweight since my teen years, morbidly obese for at least 10 years now. I’ve done diets and succeeded. I’ve exercised. But I’ve also always ended up gaining weight back and giving up. No more yo-yo numbers on the scale and the size of my clothes bullshit! I’m too old for this!
- Life- and living it. I’m tired of sitting on the sidelines. For the most part I don’t let my weight prevent me from doing things, especially with a 6.5 year old watching, but I know I will feel more alive if I were healthier… if I didn’t have to constantly be consumed by the fat that encompasses my body.
- Success. I need to feel successful. I’m tired of feeling like a failure every single time I try to eat better or work out more. I’m tired of feeling like it’s all for not. I’m tired of constantly being consumed by wanting to feel better, to look better. I’m tired of constantly trying to feel better, to look better. I’m tired of failing. I need to succeed at being healthy and happy. I’m a fantastic fucking person and I deserve to succeed at being healthy and strong!