I’ve heard others say that the process will seem like it takes forever, but the reality is that it goes by pretty quickly. Kind of like my baby’s babyhood…some of those early days seemed to last forever, yet in a month and a half, my little baby is gonna be 7!
I’ve been thinking of WLS for a couple of years now but didn’t start really and truly doing research and spending hours during nearly every day looking into it until this year, especially mid-year, and just like that, surgery is scheduled for 12/16.
To remove most of my stomach.
It’s actually scheduled.
In just 39 DAYS!
Before that date I still have lots to do and “pass” but I’m pretty confident everything will go smoothly:
- abdomen ultrasound is tomorrow afternoon (I’ll be voting first thing in the morning, no frets) (I sure hope this u/s is external because I just got my period after skipping a month)
- overnight sleep study is Wednesday night (I was really upset when I initially learned they wanted me to do this but upon learning more, specifically that it’s done in a freaking private hotel room with my own bathroom etc, I realized it’s kind of like a night away!)
- another behavioral class on Saturday (already attended the one I have to before surgery but what can it hurt to attend another?)
- need to start my two-week pre-op ALL LIQUID diet 12/2, as well as be sure to get all pre-surgical testing (upper GI, chest x-ray, EKG, blood work up) completed
- meet with the surgeon 12/12 before actual surgery date on 12/16
I have to say… it’s pretty crazy how different everyone’s WLS process is. Just the pre-surgery diet alone! Some don’t even have to diet, others have to for only a few days, others get to have actual (certain) food, and yet here I am having to do 2 weeks of all liquid. But I’m okay with that! I am. And I plan to follow all instructions both pre- and post-op in the hopes that I get the best results from all this.
Wow. I can’t believe in just 39 days, my life will forever be changed.