Shit’s getting real. Like, for real real.
I pre-registered for surgery this morning and moments ago I set up my last appointment before surgery, the Pre-Surgical Testing: Upper GI, Chest Xray, EKG, Blood work-up.
- In two days, I start the liquid diet (for my plan it’s specific protein shakes and water and protein shakes…) for two full weeks.
- In five days, I have my pre-surgical testing done.
- In ten days, I have another WLS group meeting to attend (my own choice).
- In twelve days, I have my pre-op appointment with my surgeon.
- In fifteen days, I can have nothing more than clear liquids all day.
- In sixteen days, I go in for surgery.
I don’t have a time yet but. Um. THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING.
And I’m REALLY getting excited again.
December is going to be one helluva month, that’s for sure, because not only do I have the above going on, but there’s also:
- In twenty-four days, it’s Christmas Eve (which is when everyone comes to my place and we feast on schnitzel and potatoes and sweets… this year I guess I’ll be sipping while they all feast).
- In twenty-five days, it’s Christmas Day (which is when I make sticky buns that my almost 7 year old daughter anticipates and looks forward to having every single year. I’ll still make them, of course, but I’ll be sipping on a protein shake while she indulges and I smile on watching her light up.)
- In twenty-nine days, my baby girls turns 7 (sniff, sniff, sniff). (Not sure what we’re doing that day, but it will be something special as always. Her choice. Last year we took her to LegoLand and Benihana. She loved both. This year I think she wants to go to the zoo [she LOVES animals] but I’m not sure if it’ll be open [are they open in winter in Chicago?]. And of course we’ll take her out to eat… which will be my first outing post-op and I’ll still be on my liquid diet phase so not really sure how that’s all going to work but it will it will it will!)