Met with the Nutritionist (NUT) earlier and had my blood drawn for the three tests they need to do to get me going for WLS. The NUT was pretty impressed with my knowledge of food, nutritional labels, sugar, protein, etc etc. She pretty much reiterated that the VSG will be a great fit for me (and I it) because I know how to eat–and the Sleeve will help with portions. Actually, it will pretty much force me with portion control.
This is so what I need! I truly do know how to eat, what to eat, etc. I truly do. But my stomach seems to be a bottomless pit most days and the Sleeve should help me from feeling this way.
The idea of eating to nourish my body instead of just to stuff as much in as I possibly can… wow. I’m excited. I’m so fucking excited!!
While I wait for the Psych Evaluation (Tuesday), and while I wait for insurance to approve the surgery, I need to start paying close attention to some things to make life after surgery more … adaptable.
- I need to pay attention to how much protein I take in, and I want to start practicing eating protein first before anything else.
- I want to start decreasing my caffiene instake.
- I want to start walking again.
- I want to avoid sugar more than I have been (sugar and fat [and some citrus] may cause some issues immediately after surgery because of … SURGERY … and the removal of most of my stomach).
- I want to start paying attention to my liquid intake (I currently drink plenty of water, but will get hard after surgery) and try not to drink after my first bite of food till after 30 minutes done eating.
Basically I need to start living life like I’m healthy and alive and not so freaking fat.